The Product Owner will implement a continuous feedback cycle of communication to collaborate with stakeholders and software development teams to facilitate the execution of the organization’s product roadmap. He or she will own one or multiple teams’ backlog of work and make data-driven decisions to formulate a queue of stories ready for development. The Product Owner understands both the engineering and business side of the product release cycle and is ultimately responsible for representing the end user’s needs. This role will also communicate the challenges and constraints reported by the development team to stakeholders to provide honest feedback on when milestones will be delivered.
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a global information solutions company that uses trusted unique data, creative analytics, technology and industry expertise to power organizations and individuals around the world by transforming knowledge into insights that help make more informed business and personal decisions.
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business.
We are looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we transform our business and help people live their financial best!
- Eliciting business and/or technical requirements from product stakeholders, internal teams, and external customers
- Working with the business to determine business value of features across a portfolio of products and applying a methodology to determine the order in which to queue features into a team’s backlog including understanding backlog dependencies to ensure coordination of releases
- Authoring well-defined user stories with detailed scenarios and acceptance criteria including the creation of supporting documentation such as sequence diagrams and workflows
- Collaborating with stakeholders to develop a product roadmap and continuously identify and report threats, risks, and opportunities which potentially impact the established plan
- Taking ownership of the product backlog of work and assigning priority to features and stories
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, facilitating a feedback loop between stakeholder management, other business departments and the development and QA teams to ensure all are informed and aligned to the same goals
- Participating in sprint planning and share the business context and value of features and stories with development teams
- Executing acceptance tests in the context of the customer to ensure the expected value is delivered
- Defining and maintaining product and team KPIs and use them to measure/report progress
- Communicating feature releases to stakeholders and providing training information to internal teams
- Conducting meetings with stakeholders and/or scrum team members
Required Experience, Skills, & Competencies
- 2+ years current and relevant experience as a product owner, business analyst, project manager, or in a related field as a product owner; at least 1 year in an agile development environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, engineering, related technical field, business management or communications or equivalent work experience
- Effective written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and managing iteration-level deliverables
- Understands and can create tangible clarity around abstract ideas
- Can effectively communicate vision to stakeholders and IT team members
- Is willing to challenge certain feature sets or ideas in a positive and collaborative manner
- Strong attention to detail and passion to get the product right
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Services or similar platform for managing a portfolio of products
- Well-organized, detail oriented, the ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- Experience utilizing data-driven methods/models to determine business value for features and stories and utilizing these methods/models to make difficult decisions related to prioritization of product deliverables
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
We offer an excellent compensation packages with high-reaching market salaries and 401k matching, along with the works: comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For US Applicants
If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please view our EEO Policy Statement, EEO is the Law Declarations, and Nondiscrimination Provision.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or applicant for employment, please contact us by sending an email to GTA@equifax.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
Equifax participates in E-Verify and Right to Work (English and Spanish).